Naturally Happy Dogs hopes to breed success in 2014
- Credit: Archant
Innovative website Naturally Happy Dogs is hoping to collar more business after being named a winner at the Hertfordshire Business Awards.
Husband and wife team Kevin and Sally Marchant, from Pike End, Stevenage, started creating the website for dog owners in January 2011, but only started promoting it as a business in March this year.
The site has been so successful that it won Online Business of the Year at last month’s prestigious awards ceremony at Knebworth House.
Sally said: “We are thrilled to have won the Online Business of the Year award, our vision is to make it easy for people to find top quality information about any aspect of dog training and care, and it’s great that our hard work has been recognised. We hope this will enable us to keep bringing valuable content to our subscribers.”
To date, the website contains 335 videos with more than 40 hours of footage which the couple shoot themselves using experts from across the country. The subjects cover all aspects of dog training, health and well-being. A breed library is currently being created to provide specialist advice on each of the 210 recognised dog breeds.
There are more than 500 regular users who pay £4.95 per month, or £1.49 per video (valid for 48 hours).
Naturally Happy Dogs has also won a £2,000 grant from Stevenage Borough Council and a year’s worth of free mentoring from business coach John Kettley.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 5 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 6 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 7 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 10 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
For more information visit www.naturallyhappydogs.com