Motorists warned of A1(M) roadworks and overnight closures in Herts
- Credit: Archant
Crews will be working on stretches of the M1 and the A1(M) motorways in Herts this week as a Highways England resurfacing project gathers pace.
Work which affects the A1(M) starts tonight with the overnight closure of the northbound entry slip road at Junction 5 for Welwyn Garden City until Friday, and also on bank holiday Monday.
The northbound carriageway between Junction 4 and Junction 6 will be closed overnight until Thursday, and again next Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
A diversion will take motorists via the B197 to rejoin the carriageway at Junction 6.
The northbound entry slip road at Junction 6 will be closed between 11pm on Wednesday night and 4am the following morning.
Drivers using these sections of the M1 and A1(M) are being advised to plan their journeys and allow some extra time to reach their destinations.
- 1 Two reports of indecent exposure in Stevenage
- 2 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 3 Closure order granted for Hitchin flat after anti-social behaviour
- 4 New housing to meet high demand in Stevenage
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
- 7 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 8 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 9 Pick up your new look Comet every Thursday
- 10 Farmhouse owners disgusted by 'abhorrent' solar panels plan