Motorcycle champion lands at Stevenage bike shop
- Credit: Archant
A 12-time motorcycle trials champion performed stunts at a clothing and accessory shop at the weekend to help launch the businesses’ latest stock.
Bike Stop in Stevenage High Street held its ‘season opener’ event on Saturday and Sunday, which included an appearance from 12 times World Trials Champion Dougie Lampkin.
The 38-year-old navigated his way through the store on Saturday on his trial bike before performing more stunts outside as a large crowd watched on.
Bike Stop director Martin Brown volunteered to lay down on the pavement in front of the store as the world champion jumped over him while riding.
Speaking afterwards about the experience, he said: “I know he’s highly skilled and being a 12-time world champion it doesn’t face him at all but I can’t say the same for me!”
The following day Bike Stop welcomed British Superbikes rider Tommy Bridewell who was on hand to sign autographs, and throughout the weekend staff were joined by representatives from the police and fire service.
Mr Brown added: “The event was amazing for Stevenage Old Town and brought the whole community together. I’d like to thank everyone for their support.”
- 1 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 4 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 5 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 6 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 7 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening
To watch a video of Dougie Lampkin in action at the shop search for Bike Stop on social networking website Facebook.
For more information visit www.bikestop.co.uk