Manufacturer hits Times top 100
A Letchworth business is celebrating after becoming the only manufacturing company in the UK to make the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Altro Group, which makes anti-slip flooring, as well as wall cladding for a range of sectors as well as Autoglym car care products, has made the list for the sixth year running.
The company made the grade based on responses from staff who were asked about levels of employee satisfaction in training and development, working conditions and company role in the community.
Group MD Richard Kahn said: “We are thrilled that the contribution of all our employees across the group has been recognised for the sixth year running. We were surprised to find ourselves the only manufacturing company in the listing this year.
“Competing in a world market is challenging for UK manufacturers, but we believe that our culture, brand values, and the way in which everyone works to shape the company are central to maintaining our success.”
You may also want to watch:
The family-owned company was established in 1919 in Hertfordshire. Its HQ has been in Letchworth for the last 20 years, where 350 of the company’s 455 staff are based.
The company, as well as training its own staff is a major trainer within the industry, with a training school based in the garden city.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 6 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 7 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 10 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods