Major service award for family funeral firm
Staff at Austin’s Funeral Directors are celebrating after scooping a top prize at a prestigious business awards ceremony.
The 300-year-old firm which has branches throughout north and east Herts beat off stiff competition to win the Service Excellence category at the East of England Business Champions Awards.
Claire Austin, who is the tenth generation of her family to run the company, said she was thrilled the company had won. “This award is testament to the hard work and dedication of all the staff who work so hard to provide a personal, caring service to our clients. The whole Austin’s ethos is about being welcoming to all and it’s fantastic to have our efforts acknowledged.”
The awards are sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) and the finals held at Tewin Bury Farm Hotel. Welwyn GC.
Ian Cording, Regional Chair of the FSB and head of the judging panel said: “I was extremely impressed by the high standard of entries and it is refreshing to see how many successful businesses the region has in what continues to be a very tough economic climate.”
You may also want to watch:
Entries were received from businesses across six counties – Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
A number of staff joined Claire at the awards ceremony where the judges praised them for “never sitting on their laurels and always striving for perfection”.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
Austin’s, which also owns and operates Harwood Park Crematorium and Memorial Gardens in Stevenage, has eight branches and employs 43 full-time staff.