Major homestore to open in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
A major homestore has secured new shop premises in a town, bringing jobs with it.
B&M Homestore has take over premises at the former Focus DIY store on Second Avenue, Letchworth GC.
The store will officially open on October 16 and will create 60 jobs for the town.
Operations director Carl Allen said: “We have been waiting for an opportunity in Letchworth for three years and are delighted to have secured this site.”
B&M now trade from 350 stores compared to only 20 stores six years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The company is listed as one of the top 100 fastest growing private companies in the UK by the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 ranking.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory