Major award for college leader
A college business leader has been recognised for his succesful initiatives at a time of economic difficulty.
Gordon Barr, 30, an assistant principal at North Hertfordshire College has won a second prestigious business award, the Global Business Excellence Award for Outstanding Young Executive. In 2010, Gordon who lives in Hitchin, was recognised as Hertfordshire’s Young Business Person of the Year in the annual Archant Business Awards.
The honour was given by the National Business Awards, a cross-industry programme that gives companies and individuals the opportunity to demonstrate outstanding business expertise.
Chair of the judges, Simon Burgess, said: “Gordon Barr’s vocabulary does not include the word mediocre - which is highly appropriate for someone who has achieved outstanding success by the age of 30.
“Appointed Assistant Principal of a leading FE College at just 29, he has demonstrated how he thrives on challenge and led his college in a number of business initiatives to keep one step ahead in an increasingly difficult economic climate. Along with a series of other achievements, he is more an all-round maestro than mediocre.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barr’s role at the college includes strategic responsibility for sport and active leisure, travel and tourism, catering, and public services provision curricula.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation