Love Herts produce says sausage maker
A new concept to promote Hertfordshire’s food and drink industry is being launched by a Knebworth sausage maker.
David Nye, owner of the Great British Sausage Company, is encouraging farmers, bakers, independent brewers and winemakers to come together for his campaign Eat & Drink Hertfordshire.
With so many top food and drink producers based in the county, David said the initiative was aimed at showcasing one of Hertfordshire’s most under-rated industries.
And now, Eat & Drink Hertfordshire will debut at this year’s Hertfordshire County Show, held in Redbourn over June 2 and 3 – the Diamond Jubilee weekend.
David, who takes his business across the country to festivals, exhibitions and shows, said: “I’ve been doing events for eight years.
You may also want to watch:
“You do all the events in the county and it’s all burger vans from Barnsley, and strawberries and cream from Devon.
“I don’t think Hertfordshire produce gets the credit it deserves.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
“I think it’s very important when people come to the Hertfordshire Show they want to taste local products.
“With such a diversity of food and drink produced within our county, Eat & Drink Hertfordshire is the perfect opportunity to find out more about Hertfordshire producers and taste some of their delicious delights.”
David is on the look out for new events and shows within the county to exhibit the Eat & Drink Hertfordshire movement. For more information, call David on 07812 172351.