Stevenage Old Town to lose Lloyds Bank branch
- Credit: Dan Mountney
Stevenage High Street’s Lloyds Bank branch is set to close, it has been confirmed.
The branch is one of 41 across the UK that Lloyds has earmarked for closure, and will mean there will be no longer be any banks in Stevenage Old Town.
In a branch review statement, Lloyds said: “Following a careful review, the High Street Stevenage branch will close on July 12, 2018.
“We have made the difficult decision to close this branch due to customers using it less often.
“In addition, the majority of customers are also using alternative ways to bank and we have another branch close by.
You may also want to watch:
“Branches remain vital in meeting customers’ needs but we must continually review our network to make sure we have branches in locations where customers need and use them the most.”
The closure of the High Street branch – which is currently open two days a week – is just one of a number in North Herts over the past few years.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 3 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
NatWest closed its Stevenage Old Town branch in October 2015 while Baldock was left with no banks when Barclays followed Lloyds in closing its branch in the town last year.