Linking buyers and sellers at big biz event
Growing companies from across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire can discover what it takes to succeed locally at a major business event tomorrow (Friday)
The Business and Technology Centre in Stevenage is hosting a free ‘beat the competition’ event in partnership with the borough council which will include seminars, workshops, networking and business development opportunities.
Centre manager Ros Beattie said: “This is a tremendous opportunity for local businesses to take the next step on the path to future success and really boost their prospects. Local buyers with genuine business needs will be matched with a whole range of local suppliers, providing a massive boost for the local economy.”
More than 35 buyers have completed a survey to establish what products and services they are looking for so they can then be linked with relevant local suppliers – and over 250 contract opportunities will be available on the day.
Suppliers are promised the chance to develop skills to tender more effectively and be better prepared to meet local buyers at the event.
You may also want to watch:
Seminar and workshop topics include:
• Presentation skills
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
• Creating effective promotional campaigns
• Networking for success
• How to perfect your pitch and close the sale
• Ways to win public sector contracts
• Optimising your PR using social media
• Developing your online presence using simple SEO & SEM
To support the event, the centre is giving start up businesses currently looking for office space or working from home the opportunity to get off to a flying start with a free competition to win six months free office space with the overall prize worth more than �2,500.