Letchworth retailers unite for evening out today
- Credit: Archant
FOUR businesswomen are joining forces to put on a late night shopping event in Letchworth GC.
Funkydory and Dot to Dot Gallery, 19 and 23 The Wynd respectively, are opening their doors to shoppers and playing host to two other businesses, Really Eco Baby and Me&I Clothing.
Angella Whitehead, owner of Funkdory, a pre-loved children’s and maternity clothing boutique said: “This is a new kind of event for us. But small businesses can only be successful if they pull together and support each other. The more I work with other businesses, the more I realise what is possible if we work as a team.”
Funkydory had to relocate six months after opening because it needed larger premises and Angella now runs the shop in partnership with Emma Flint.
Its former premises at 23 The Wynd, is now Dot to Dot Gallery. Rebecca Leek, director of Rhapsode which runs the gallery said, “Angella was so helpful when we were looking for premises and she has supported us every step of the way. Our first six months have been a journey but if I have learnt anything, it’s that we have to work together.
“People warned me that some retailers can be a bit territorial when you move in, but nearly everyone has been very welcoming. I feel privileged to be part of the team effort to get more people down to The Wynd – it is a street with so much potential.”
Really Eco Baby and Me&I complete the quartet of businesses putting on the event, which begins tonight (Friday) at 7.30pm. Get along for a drink and a browse.
- 1 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 2 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 8 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week