Deadline looms for Letchworth Community Awards - get your nominations in!
- Credit: Letchworth Foodbank
The nomination deadline for the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation awards – honouring organisations that went above and beyond to support the community in 2020 – is coming up.
The new awards programme from Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation will honour individuals and charities who played a part in helping hundreds of vulnerable people and those who were shielding during the first lockdown in the town.
The deadline for nominations is December 23, so make sure you let those in the community who did their bit know how valued they are.
The Foundation still wants to hear about businesses, charities, groups and individuals who went above and beyond.
You’re invited to submit nominations for the Outstanding Adult Award (over 18) and Outstanding Young Person Award (under 18), Community Business Award and Best Charity or Group Award who have been active in one or more of the following areas: Learning support for children and young people, helping the community in an exceptional way, supporting vulnerable families, tackling isolation of older people, improving mental health and wellbeing and keeping people active.
You may also want to watch:
As well as recognising the contributions of these people and groups, the aim of the awards is to inspire the people of Letchworth for the future.
Pam Burn, the chair of the Foundation, said: “Having had a second lockdown, people are understandably exhausted. It has been a huge effort to keep going across every sector and industry.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
“By highlighting what was achieved under the most challenging circumstances we hope this will re-energise our community and encourage an ongoing spirit of innovation and adaptability within the business community.”
For the full criteria and to download a nomination form, visit Letchworth.com/communityawards.
Alternatively, you can request a form by emailing email@example.com or if you don’t have access to the internet, call 01462 530350 to speak to a member of our team.
The deadline for nominations is December 23. Those shortlisted will be announced on January 7 with winners announced on January 18.