Deadline looms for Letchworth Community Awards - get your nominations in!
- Credit: Letchworth Foodbank
The nomination deadline for the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation awards – honouring organisations that went above and beyond to support the community in 2020 – is coming up.
The new awards programme from Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation will honour individuals and charities who played a part in helping hundreds of vulnerable people and those who were shielding during the first lockdown in the town.
The deadline for nominations is December 23, so make sure you let those in the community who did their bit know how valued they are.
The Foundation still wants to hear about businesses, charities, groups and individuals who went above and beyond.
You’re invited to submit nominations for the Outstanding Adult Award (over 18) and Outstanding Young Person Award (under 18), Community Business Award and Best Charity or Group Award who have been active in one or more of the following areas: Learning support for children and young people, helping the community in an exceptional way, supporting vulnerable families, tackling isolation of older people, improving mental health and wellbeing and keeping people active.
As well as recognising the contributions of these people and groups, the aim of the awards is to inspire the people of Letchworth for the future.
Pam Burn, the chair of the Foundation, said: “Having had a second lockdown, people are understandably exhausted. It has been a huge effort to keep going across every sector and industry.
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
“By highlighting what was achieved under the most challenging circumstances we hope this will re-energise our community and encourage an ongoing spirit of innovation and adaptability within the business community.”
For the full criteria and to download a nomination form, visit Letchworth.com/communityawards.
Alternatively, you can request a form by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or if you don’t have access to the internet, call 01462 530350 to speak to a member of our team.
The deadline for nominations is December 23. Those shortlisted will be announced on January 7 with winners announced on January 18.