Letchworth discount store opening to create up to 50 jobs
A DISCOUNT store will create up to 50 new jobs when it opens next month, it was announced today (Monday).
Family Bargains will replace the former JJB store at Plinston Retail Park in Letchworth GC and will open its doors on September 23.
Between 35 and 50 jobs, ranging from customer assistants to stock replenishment officers, will be available at the store in Jubilee Road.
Selling more than 10,000 different products in departments including home, garden, car, fridge, bedroom, bathroom and lounge, the store will be the first of its kind in Hertfordshire and promises ‘big brands at small prices’.
Family Bargains is part of the 99p Stores Group, which opened a 99p Stores in St Albans earlier this year.
Speaking about coming to Letchworth GC, Hussein Lalani, co-founder and commercial director of 99p Stores, said: “We are delighted to be coming back to Hertfordshire. What we have learnt from feedback from our St Albans 99p Stores is that shoppers have discovered an insatiable thirst for value.
“We have seen a revolution on the high street. People are no longer prepared to pay over the odds for the basics.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 7 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 8 Come on feel the noise: Tisdale excited to experience a first Stevenage home game
- 9 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
“Having tasted smaller priced bargains, as we have seen at our 99p Stores’ branches, we now realise shoppers want bigger bargains of household items like vacuum cleaners and microwaves all in a one-stop store.
“The value genie is out of the bottle, grabbing a bargain has become part of the daily shopping experience in Britain today.”
As part of the launch, the business is looking for a ‘VIP’ - Very Important Poundsavers - family to officially declare the store open, as well as win �200 worth of Family Bargains shopping vouchers.
To enter, email VIP@6starpr.co.uk and explain why you are ‘a family of VIPs’ by September 10.