Letchworth Clinton Cards store to close
A CARD chain is closing its Letchworth GC store, it was announced today (Thursday).
Clinton Cards in the Garden Square Shopping Centre will close by the end of the month laying off eight staff after the retail company went into administration in May.
The Letchworth GC town centre shop is one of 76 stores that has not been included in a deal with Lakeshore Lending Limited, and follows an announcement in May that Pure Party in Stevenage town centre - also owned by Clinton Cards - would close.
Lakeshore, a subsidiary of American Greetings Corporation, have taken on 397 stores, including shops in Stevenage and Hitchin.
Peter Saville, partner at administrators Zolfo Cooper, said: “It is with regret that we have had to take the decision to close the remaining stores. We are nonetheless pleased that in an extremely challenging retail environment we were able to effect the sale of almost 400 stores thus preserving something in the region of 4,500 jobs.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the employees of the former Clinton Cards business we have worked with during the administration period for their professionalism and dedication and to wish them well for the future.”
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans