Letchworth Clinton Cards store to close
A CARD chain is closing its Letchworth GC store, it was announced today (Thursday).
Clinton Cards in the Garden Square Shopping Centre will close by the end of the month laying off eight staff after the retail company went into administration in May.
The Letchworth GC town centre shop is one of 76 stores that has not been included in a deal with Lakeshore Lending Limited, and follows an announcement in May that Pure Party in Stevenage town centre - also owned by Clinton Cards - would close.
Lakeshore, a subsidiary of American Greetings Corporation, have taken on 397 stores, including shops in Stevenage and Hitchin.
Peter Saville, partner at administrators Zolfo Cooper, said: “It is with regret that we have had to take the decision to close the remaining stores. We are nonetheless pleased that in an extremely challenging retail environment we were able to effect the sale of almost 400 stores thus preserving something in the region of 4,500 jobs.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the employees of the former Clinton Cards business we have worked with during the administration period for their professionalism and dedication and to wish them well for the future.”
- 1 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 2 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 3 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
- 8 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 9 Residents encouraged to have their say on Stevenage's new political map
- 10 Council backs master plan for further expansion of Luton Airport