Letchworth business recognised with Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth-based business is one of only six companies across the UK that has received a Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
Willmott Dixon, which has its headquarters at the Spirella Building in Bridge Road and also has a Hitchin office, has been given the prestigious award for the second time after being recognised its employees enhancing life opportunities for others.
Willmott Dixon group chief executive Rick Willmott said: “We have a purpose beyond profit which is to use the energy, passion and commitment of our people to strengthen the well-being of society beyond the buildings we create.
“Gaining recognition for that by receiving Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the new Promoting Opportunity category is an achievement we are all proud about.”
Last year Willmott Dixon employees took part in activities, with almost 50,000 working hours spent on schemes aimed at improving the life chances of people.
You may also want to watch:
Activities included monitoring pupils at schools, improving community facilities and working with disadvantaged people to get them into jobs.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther