Letchworth-based DB Sharp and Sons wins two categories at Hertfordshire Building and Construction Awards
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth-based building firm is celebrating after it won two categories in the Hertfordshire Building and Construction Awards.
DB Sharp and Sons, entering an awards event for the first time, were finalists in the general builder of the year and refurbishment project of the year awards – and won both categories during the ceremony at the Letchworth Hall Hotel.
Firm director David Sharp said afterwards: “We are really pleased to have won both of these awards, which were completely unexpected.
“It really is a team effort at DB Sharp and Sons, and it’s great to see that the hard work of the whole team is being recognised.
“My father started this company some 38 years ago, and I’m sure he would be hugely proud to know we are now award-winning builders.”
The judges for the general builder award said they were impressed by the company’s journey through its expansion, while workign to maintain its core values of quality and customer service.
The refurbishment of the year award was judges on the work carried out at Jessamine House, a grade II*-listed Tudor house in Ashwell.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 4 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 5 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 6 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 7 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 In pictures: Stevenage pantomime Aladdin at the Gordon Craig Theatre
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
DB Sharp and Sons sympathetically restored the building to bring it up to a modern standard, while retaining its original feartures.
The judges were highly impressed with the quality of the work carried out.
Chris Watts, the firm’s business development manager said: “It’s fantastic to see the company recognised for its hard work and efforts. We have gone through significant growth over the past 18 months and its hugely rewarding to see that we have managed to do this while retaining what’s important to us – high quality workmanship and happy customers.
“With our expansion comes a new head office for the company and these two awards will look great being showcased in there.”
To find out more about the award win and other goings-on at DB Sharp and Sons, see dbsharpandsons.co.uk or find them on Facebook.