Letchworth-based DB Sharp and Sons wins two categories at Hertfordshire Building and Construction Awards
- Credit: Archant
A Letchworth-based building firm is celebrating after it won two categories in the Hertfordshire Building and Construction Awards.
DB Sharp and Sons, entering an awards event for the first time, were finalists in the general builder of the year and refurbishment project of the year awards – and won both categories during the ceremony at the Letchworth Hall Hotel.
Firm director David Sharp said afterwards: “We are really pleased to have won both of these awards, which were completely unexpected.
“It really is a team effort at DB Sharp and Sons, and it’s great to see that the hard work of the whole team is being recognised.
“My father started this company some 38 years ago, and I’m sure he would be hugely proud to know we are now award-winning builders.”
You may also want to watch:
The judges for the general builder award said they were impressed by the company’s journey through its expansion, while workign to maintain its core values of quality and customer service.
The refurbishment of the year award was judges on the work carried out at Jessamine House, a grade II*-listed Tudor house in Ashwell.
- 1 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 2 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 3 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 4 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 5 H-Town Almost Unlocked to celebrate 'eclectic mix' of Hitchin retailers
- 6 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 7 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 10 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
DB Sharp and Sons sympathetically restored the building to bring it up to a modern standard, while retaining its original feartures.
The judges were highly impressed with the quality of the work carried out.
Chris Watts, the firm’s business development manager said: “It’s fantastic to see the company recognised for its hard work and efforts. We have gone through significant growth over the past 18 months and its hugely rewarding to see that we have managed to do this while retaining what’s important to us – high quality workmanship and happy customers.
“With our expansion comes a new head office for the company and these two awards will look great being showcased in there.”
To find out more about the award win and other goings-on at DB Sharp and Sons, see dbsharpandsons.co.uk or find them on Facebook.