‘It will be sad to see her go’ – Come and help give Stevenage hairdresser Anita the send off she deserves
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser is set to put down her scissors for good next week after a career spanning five decades – and customers and colleagues are encouraged to join her to mark the occasion.
Anita Waller – who has worked at L&L Hair and Beauty Salon in Stevenage for 11 years – will be retiring next Friday, October 28, after 50 years of service to the industry.
The hairdresser made the decision in July, having turned 70 in May.
Anita, who lives just a short walk from the Rockingham Way salon, has also worked at Raymond Leslie’s prior to the closure of the Stevenage town centre salon.
Liz Postance, a partner at L&L who took on the salon three years ago, said: “I’ve worked with Anita for about 10 years now – she’s amazing at her job.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s really hardworking and she’s got a great relationship with all the older ladies. She’s very passionate.
“It will be sad to see her go, but she deserves her retirement. She could’ve retired earlier but she wanted to keep working, but now she think it’s time to call it a day.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 3 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 8 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
The salon is encouraging former colleagues and customers to visit the salon next Friday on Anita’s final day. She will be working from 9am to 3pm, and there will be buffet and bubbles to help her celebrate.
Liz added: “We want to give her a good send off so we’re inviting anyone that’s worked with her on had their hair cut by her to come in and say hello.
“It’s a chance to say goodbye, with a buffet and bubbles!”
For more information about the salon and opening times search for L & L Hair and Beauty Salon on Facebook.