Incubator of ideas wins gong
A business support service has won a national award just a year after starting.
My Incubator, a start-up and small business advisory service in Stevenage, has won an award for innovation from the National Federation of Enterprise Agencies.
The service was launched by Wenta, the Enterprise Agency for Herts and Beds, to offer a modern facility where businesses could be given intensive support. The facility is free for the first three months for successful applicants while they develop their idea, a business plan and get set to launch.
Chris Pichon, Wenta chief executive, said the agency wanted to offer entrepreneurs the chance to turn their ideas into reality.
“As well as first class business centre facilities, our expert advisors are constantly on hand to offer much needed guidance, support and training through those challenging early months,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “The business support network is undergoing fundamental change across the UK and this will continue throughout next year. In such uncertain times My Incubator provides a much needed beacon of light for start ups who are working hard to make their venture a success but need expert, ongoing, guidance on the best way forward.”
Wenta aims to roll out the My Incubator model to other parts of Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire throughout 2011. Each one will form part of a strategic support network providing access to multiple business advisors across the region.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 6 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 7 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
Chris Pichon said: “We want to ensure that, irrespective of where the start up is based, they will still have access to the most targeted advice and guidance available which will significantly increase their chance of long term success.”