Hotels promote Herts for Olympics
A hotel association has launched a campaign to attract Olympic tourists to Hertfordshire.
The Hertfordshire Hoteliers Association are launching a high-profile campaign to raise the county’s profile ahead of the 2012 Olympics as a place to stay in easy reach of the games.
Hertfordshire Chamber of Commerce chief executive officer Tim Hutchings said: “Our county boasts an active business community, plenty of leisure attractions and convenient rail and road links to and from London, only 30 miles away. Great hotels catering for all tastes and needs enables us to make the most of these advantages, which are likely to be even more significant for people seeking alternative accommodation close to the capital with the arrival of the Olympic and Paralympic Games.”
The association promotes the interests of a wide range of hotels, from business hotels to country houses offering over 2,000 bedrooms and more than 100 conference, meeting and event rooms.
Eric-Enno Snel, general manager of The Novotel in Stevenage said: “Hertfordshire has great potential as a destination for business and leisure-based tourism and the members of the HHA believe strongly that working together creates opportunities that might otherwise pass us by.”
You may also want to watch:
The campaign includes vouchers offering 25 per cent reductions on room rates or three nights for the price of two, which can be downloaded from www.herts-hotels.co.uk
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 7 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation