Hitchin to host biggest Pilates class world record attempt
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin is to be the location for an attempt to create the world’s biggest Pilates class, while also raising £50,000 for charity.
The world record attempt will be made during the Diddy Rascals Family Festival in July, run by Hitchin charity Humanitas.
The Pilates class will be run by The Pilates Pod, based in Bancroft – whose owner Michelle Smith has called for volunteers to be part of it and help save lives.
“Humanitas believe everyone should be entitled to healthcare, education and a family. Surely that’s not a lot to ask for.
“We just want to help others have what most of us take for granted. We need more than 3,500 people for the event, so please join in.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s the craziest thing we have ever done but we hope to bring the whole community together to help do a good thing and raise over £50,000.”
The festival at Hitchin Priory on July 8 will also feature live music, a family cinema, soft play, kids’ raves and more. The Pilates class kicks off at 12 noon.
To find out more see the thepilatespod.co.uk/worldrecordbreaker.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 5 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 9 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site