Hitchin to host biggest Pilates class world record attempt
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin is to be the location for an attempt to create the world’s biggest Pilates class, while also raising £50,000 for charity.
The world record attempt will be made during the Diddy Rascals Family Festival in July, run by Hitchin charity Humanitas.
The Pilates class will be run by The Pilates Pod, based in Bancroft – whose owner Michelle Smith has called for volunteers to be part of it and help save lives.
“Humanitas believe everyone should be entitled to healthcare, education and a family. Surely that’s not a lot to ask for.
“We just want to help others have what most of us take for granted. We need more than 3,500 people for the event, so please join in.
“It’s the craziest thing we have ever done but we hope to bring the whole community together to help do a good thing and raise over £50,000.”
The festival at Hitchin Priory on July 8 will also feature live music, a family cinema, soft play, kids’ raves and more. The Pilates class kicks off at 12 noon.
To find out more see the thepilatespod.co.uk/worldrecordbreaker.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000