Hitchin’s Sukawatee thanks loyal customers for support after move
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
It’s been a month since Hitchin’s Thai restaurant Sukawatee reopened after its move up Hermitage Road – and business is good, says owner Nick Clark.
“The restaurant has been extremely busy since we reopened,” he told the Comet.
“We have obviously had a few hiccups as the kitchen staff have had to get used to the new equipment which is now all electric, there being no gas on the premises.
“We have an increased seating capacity to 56 covers, which is about half again to what we had before in the old premises – and we are managing to fill these seats six days a week. Also, a few new dishes have been added to the menu. The new restaurant is a lot brighter and more modern.
“We would like to thank all our loyal customers for their continued support.”
You may also want to watch:
Sukawatee reopened on April 25 after closing at their old site in November. Nick said at the time that had this new location not been available, the business may have had to leave Hitchin.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation