Hitchin’s Sukawatee thanks loyal customers for support after move
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
It’s been a month since Hitchin’s Thai restaurant Sukawatee reopened after its move up Hermitage Road – and business is good, says owner Nick Clark.
“The restaurant has been extremely busy since we reopened,” he told the Comet.
“We have obviously had a few hiccups as the kitchen staff have had to get used to the new equipment which is now all electric, there being no gas on the premises.
“We have an increased seating capacity to 56 covers, which is about half again to what we had before in the old premises – and we are managing to fill these seats six days a week. Also, a few new dishes have been added to the menu. The new restaurant is a lot brighter and more modern.
“We would like to thank all our loyal customers for their continued support.”
Sukawatee reopened on April 25 after closing at their old site in November. Nick said at the time that had this new location not been available, the business may have had to leave Hitchin.
- 1 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 2 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 6 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 7 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 8 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change