Hitchin salon aims to provide ‘whole package’ after revamp
- Credit: Archant
A Hitchin hair salon has reopened after a revamp that has seen its once-gloomy basement transformed.
Jessica Donald, owner of Salon EightyFour in Bancroft, said she and her expanded 13-person team now aim to go beyond just hairdressing and provide “the whole package” – with a key role for the newly-plush downstairs, The Basement at Salon EightyFour, which she joked used to resemble a “dungeon”.
Jessica told the Comet: “Now we’ll be able to provide relaxation, weddings and more. It’s exciting to expand the team and offer a lot more for the business.”
The new team members include Abi Gregory, who Jessica said had worked in some of London’s top hotels.
“I’m glad she’s here because I can put part of that into her hands, having just been the hairdresser all these years,” said Jessica.
You may also want to watch:
“Hitchin as a town really seems to be thriving.”
Nurse and aesthetics practitioner Annie Coles and HD brows and make-up specialist Helen Wallace have also joined the team.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 6 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Jessica added that she hadn’t expected anything like the 100 or so people who came to The Basement’s launch night, and would like to thank them all.