Reopening date confirmed for Hitchin’s Radcliffe Arms – with free pizza for everyone
- Credit: Archant
A reopening date has been set for Hitchin’s Radcliffe Arms pub – and there’s free pizza on offer for everyone who comes on the first day.
The Radcliffe Arms, on the corner of Walsworth Road and Verulam Road, closed last Christmas after 149 years of serving food and drink – but it will reopen as part of the Charles Wells brewery’s Pizza, Pots and Pints brand at 5pm on Thursday, October 26.
This will be the fourth location in the Pizza, Pots and Pints chain, which also includes The Old White Horse in Baldock’s Station Road – and director Craig Mayes has said this one will be extra special.
He said: “We know how important this pub is to local people, and having spoken with many of them over the past few weeks we’re inspired by their enthusiasm for our ideas and what we’re bringing to their doorstep.
“The fact that we’ve secured this popular pub’s future perfectly fits with the community spirit at every Pizza, Pots and Pints and adds something extra special to the reopening of The Radcliffe Arms.”
You may also want to watch:
The opening team at the new-look Radcliffe will be beer fan Sam Adams and ‘foodie perfectionist’ Craig Billington – both Pizza, Pots and Pints veterans at locations such as The Old White Horse in Baldock.
As well as pizza, the menu will include made-to-order mac ‘n’ cheese and gluten-free options – as well as draft beer and other drinks from around the world, such as wines, spirits and more.
- 1 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 2 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 5 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 6 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 7 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
- 8 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
Craig Mayes said: “We see our guests as part of our extended Pizza Pots and Pints family, and so we are always hosting offers and events to suit all tastes, such as two-for-one Mondays, live music Fridays and Sunday roasts.
“Come along on October 26 and discover all that Pizza, Pots and Pints has to offer.”
Those passing the Radcliffe during the past week or so will have seen signs going up in the windows advertising for part-time and full-time staff.
If you’re interested in joining the team or want to find out more, give them a call on 07866 934462 or see facebook.com/theradcliffehitchin.