Hitchin’s Pregnancy Club to help bring parents-to-be together
- Credit: Archant
Four businesswomen working in pregnancy, birth and baby services have come together in Hitchin to create a Pregnancy Club for parents-to-be.
The club – co-founded by Isabelle Maguire, Kerry Fox, Ria Oliver and Jo Diplock – is to launch at the Secret Garden play area and café in Sun Street next Saturday.
Isabelle is the owner of the Secret Garden and provider of MamaBabyBliss services, including pregnancy yoga, massage and more.
Kerry is a doula and director of Birth And Baby Information, Education, Support – BABIES – which offers support and guidance before and after birth.
Ria is a hypnobirthing teacher and Jo is a nutritionist and postnatal fitness expert.
Kerry said: “We wanted to offer something unusual, where expectant parents could meet other parents-to-be in a more social way.
“Many people make friends at antenatal classes, and this is great – but we felt there was the need to offer something that was less focused on the content of the class and more on the social aspect of it.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 7 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 8 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
“The four of us run classes in some form or other, and we know there often isn’t time for attendees to chat and bond over the very thing they have in common – their pregnancy.
“The club focuses on getting groups of parents-to-be together, giving them a real chance to get to know each other and share in their experiences so far and where we can help them dispel some myths, hear expert advice and real tips and hopefully have some fun along the way.”
The launch next Saturday, April 14, starts at 6pm and goes on until 8.30pm. Kerry said future events would run at similar times.
“The events will run on a weekend in the evening at the Secret Garden, giving the feel of heading into town, but avoiding the crowded bars!
“They will consist of food, beer and mocktails, the chance to join in with some fun activities to break the ice and the opportunity to join in a Q&A with a guest expert speaker, chosen from a selection of local pregnancy, birth and baby related specialists.
“This way, they can hear about what services and classes run in the area and find out more about them.”
Club membership costs £80, and those who sign up next Saturday get a free goodie bag.
For more call 07985 500707, email email@example.com or have a look at facebook.com/thepregnancyclubhitchin.