Hitchin optician brings in groundbreaking equipment
- Credit: Archant
AN OPTICIAN has got his sights set on cutting out unneccessary sight-loss, thanks to a piece of groundbreaking equipment.
Russell Needleman in Hitchin High Street took delivery of an Optos retinal camera at the end of last year.
It can take pictures of the back of the eye, helping opticians to detect and diagnose a range of conditions.
Describing the piece of equipment, Russell said: “What makes the Optos camera unique is that it gives the widest field of view possible – 200 degrees compared to the standard retinal camera’s 45 degrees.
“It helps opticians to detect and diagnose many conditions, some of which are potentially sight threatening.
“We are the only practice in Hitchin/Stevenage/Luton to have this amazing piece of equipment.”
- 1 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 2 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 5 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
- 10 Vegan market returns for final 2021 trade with festive twist