Hitchin optician brings in groundbreaking equipment
- Credit: Archant
AN OPTICIAN has got his sights set on cutting out unneccessary sight-loss, thanks to a piece of groundbreaking equipment.
Russell Needleman in Hitchin High Street took delivery of an Optos retinal camera at the end of last year.
It can take pictures of the back of the eye, helping opticians to detect and diagnose a range of conditions.
Describing the piece of equipment, Russell said: “What makes the Optos camera unique is that it gives the widest field of view possible – 200 degrees compared to the standard retinal camera’s 45 degrees.
“It helps opticians to detect and diagnose many conditions, some of which are potentially sight threatening.
You may also want to watch:
“We are the only practice in Hitchin/Stevenage/Luton to have this amazing piece of equipment.”
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 5 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory