Halifax branch to close in Hitchin
- Credit: Google Maps
The Hitchin branch of Halifax bank is set to close.
The branch will close its doors for good on November 10, 2022.
Halifax has cited the increased number of customers using online banking and a reduction in foot traffic as reasons for the closure.
A Closing Branch Review, released by Halifax, stated: "Like many other high street businesses, we’ve seen people using our branches less frequently in recent years as more customers choose to do most of their everyday banking online.
"We’re responding to the way our customers use our branches. We’ll continue to invest in our branch network, but we have to make sure our branches are where customers need and use them most.
"As a result, we've made the difficult decision to close this branch because customers are using it less often.
"In addition the majority of customers are also using alternative ways to bank."
- 1 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
- 2 'Expect delays' during week-long gas works at Stevenage roundabout
- 3 Luke Turley: 'I was told to be a hitter not a tripper'
- 4 Herts' 'league of extraordinary farmers' come together to fight field fires
- 5 Van 'tactically stopped' on A1(M) after alleged attempted vehicle theft
- 6 August 2022 weekend closure planned for A602 near Watton-at-Stone
- 7 Music festival Old Town Live set to return with stages in High Street and venues across Stevenage Old Town
- 8 Thameslink suffers 'staff shortage' with weekend disruption planned
- 9 Deserved win for Stevenage over Stockport says Steve Evans but it was definitely in doubt
- 10 Player ratings: Who stood out as Stevenage beat Stockport County?
Halifax customers are able to utilise any Halifax branch, and the post office, in order to access their bank accounts.
The nearest alternative Halifax branch is now located in Commerce Way, Letchworth.