B&M Bargains to open in Hitchin in November
- Credit: Jason Lock
A long-vacant Hitchin retail site is to open as a B&M Bargains store in November, the chain has confirmed.
Discount retailer B&M will open at the site by the junction of Nightingale Road and Walsworth Road at 9am on November 3.
The site was formerly occupied by Family Bargains, and B&Q before that.
Liverpool-based chain B&M said the new store would create 40 jobs, and that a garden centre would open at the location a few weeks after the store launch.
A spokeswoman for the chain said: “We’re feeling really positive about the creation of more jobs for local people and we hope customers are going to be delighted with their new store. We are all really excited to get the doors open and welcome our new customers through the door.”
B&M already has two stores in Stevenage, one in Letchworth, and locations with garden centres in Luton, Bedford and Welwyn Garden City.
- 1 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 2 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 3 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 4 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 5 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 8 Enter Shikari to play Club 85 gig in Hitchin as part of The National Lottery’s Revive Live Tour
- 9 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week