B&M Bargains to open in Hitchin in November
- Credit: Jason Lock
A long-vacant Hitchin retail site is to open as a B&M Bargains store in November, the chain has confirmed.
Discount retailer B&M will open at the site by the junction of Nightingale Road and Walsworth Road at 9am on November 3.
The site was formerly occupied by Family Bargains, and B&Q before that.
Liverpool-based chain B&M said the new store would create 40 jobs, and that a garden centre would open at the location a few weeks after the store launch.
A spokeswoman for the chain said: “We’re feeling really positive about the creation of more jobs for local people and we hope customers are going to be delighted with their new store. We are all really excited to get the doors open and welcome our new customers through the door.”
You may also want to watch:
B&M already has two stores in Stevenage, one in Letchworth, and locations with garden centres in Luton, Bedford and Welwyn Garden City.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory