Hitchin art gallery named best in Herts after just six months in business
- Credit: Archant
Hitchin’s newest art gallery has been named the best in Hertfordshire after only six months in business.
Arkley Fine Art, in Hermitage Road, has won the Best Art Gallery prize in the 2018 Muddy Stilettos Awards.
Gallery founders Richard Barry and Danielle Walshe told the Comet they were beyond delighted with the accolade.
“We cannot thank the amazing Hitchin and broader Hertfordshire community enough for all their support thus far,” said Danielle.
“While it’s only been six months, we already feel a great part of the town and to be nominated for an award so soon, is quite the honour.”
You may also want to watch:
Other North Herts winners in the awards included Hermitage Rd in Hitchin – which won best bar – and Letchworth’s Standalone Farm, which was named best family attraction. The best bookshop prize went to David’s in Letchworth, and the garden city’s Broadway Cinema and Theatre was named best arts venue. Charlotte Murphy, also from Letchworth, won the award for best photographer.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?