Arcade and West Alley Day highlights 'hardworking, passionate businesses'
- Credit: Hitchin BID
Hitchin's annual Arcade and West Alley Day has been hailed a huge success by its organisers.
The event - which is in its second year - celebrates businesses down the Arcade and West Alley. It was organised by Jo Weaver from Treat Yo' Self and Our Favourite Shop's Charlotte Oaten - two of the Arcade's newest businesses.
Shops and businesses showcased what their part of the town has to offer to Hitchinites and visitors. From face painting and a record fair to in store offers, lucky dips and a wine tasting, there was something for everyone.
Hitchin's town centre manager, Tom Hardy, said: “It was fantastic to welcome back Arcade and West Alley Day at the weekend.
"These streets day are a great way to showcase specific areas of the town centre and highlight the wide range of hardworking, passionate businesses."
You may also want to watch:
Arcade and West Alley Day also acted as a double celebration, as two of the businesses are celebrating birthdays in October: Stephanie Rose is ten, and Treat Yo’ Self has been in the Arcade for a year.
Tom added: "It's more important than ever to support our local independents and ensure our town remains one of the most vibrant in the south east.”
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal