Herts relaunch for business club
- Credit: Archant
A BUSINESS club which started five years ago has been relaunched as The Hertfordshire Business CLUB.
Since it began in 2008, the original Business Club built up a community, meeting monthly at the Harpenden House Hotel and the Ramada Jarvis in Watford.
On January 24 the club founders, Karen Birch and Katrina Sargent, teamed up with Simon George, publisher of The Hertfordshire Business Independent, to relaunch the club as The Hertfordshire Business CLUB.
Katrina said: “Karen and I have been working with Simon for three years on the Hertfordshire Business EXPO and for the past year Business BUZZ – a series of informal, drop-in networking events that run across the county.
“Since The Business Club became independent in August, it was a natural move for us to build on this business alliance to give much stronger value to our members.”
You may also want to watch:
Beales Hotel in Hatfield played host to The Hertfordshire Business CLUB launch event, which gave old and new members a flavour of what to expect.
William Buist, managing director of Abelard took the role of guest speaker. His talk entitled Take Time to Retreat, encouraged CLUB members to take a step back from their work to assess what their real value proposition is.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 4 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 5 Police officer's 'text book first aid' saves life of elderly man
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Help transform overgrown land into outdoor classroom
- 8 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 9 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 10 Rotheram shines on dreary day as Datchworth dump Dunstable
Beales Hotel will become The CLUB’s new residence every month, starting from February 5, with additional monthly events being held at different locations around the county, which will be open to members and non-members.
Membership to the Hertfordshire Business CLUB costs £30 per month, from February 2013 onwards.