Help is at hand
THE credit crunch is putting pressure on all businesses, so if you re running a successful business, you will know how crucial it is to keep up to date with developments that make life easier. But when there aren t enough hours in the day, where do you fi
THE credit crunch is putting pressure on all businesses, so if you're running a successful business, you will know how crucial it is to keep up to date with developments that make life easier.
But when there aren't enough hours in the day, where do you find the time to speak to the organisations that can help you?
Thanks to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), getting to grips with all your business information requirements could be easier than you think.
HMRC and its partner organisations will be offering free help and advice at Sopwell House Hotel, St Albans next month.
You may also want to watch:
The Business Advice Open Day (BAOD) events help and advise small and medium sized businesses on a huge range of topics including age legislation, starting up a business, and health and safety law. And because everyone's needs are different, HMRC offers information in two ways - by offering seminars on specialist topics, and by holding an exhibition of stands manned by a wide range of organisations.
The event is free, and pre-event registration is only necessary if you want to attend one of the free seminars running on the day.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
Information will be available about HMRC's online services, Business Link, Health & Safety Executive and Jobcentre Plus. Help will also be offered by business coach, Malcolm Gallagher.
HMRC's event takes place on Thursday, May 7, at Sopwell House Hotel, Cottonmill Lane, St Albans AL1 2HQ, and runs from 9am to 4pm, with seminars running from 9am until 3.45pm.
For more information or to book places at the free seminars, please visit www.businesslink.gov.uk/advicedays, send an email to email@example.com, or contact the Business Liaison Team on 0121 697 4065.