Hello and goodbye as Letchworth cafe opens
AN MP was guest of honour when a new cafe opened its doors in Letchworth GC town centre.
Oliver Heald, MP for North East Herts, was on hand at Ciao Cafe to congratulate owners Jo and Liborio Provenzan on their new enterprise.
Before moving to Eastcheap, the business was previously named Patrick’s and was established in The Wynd more than 25 years ago as the first cafe to bring the tastes of the Mediterranean to the town.
Jo Provenzano, who took over the business 18 years ago and was offered to relocate due to plans to redevelop the Patrick’s premises, said: “Li and I wanted to say a big emotional farewell to Patrick’s and an excited ‘hello’ to our new cafe by calling our new venture Ciao Cafe, which translates to ‘goodbye’.
“We welcome shoppers, families and individuals with a taste for indulgence to sit for a early morning coffee from 8.30am right up to 6pm.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Heald added: “This business continues the tradition of Patrick’s Cafe in The Wynd, but in a great new premises and I wish Jo and Liborio every success.
“I knew Patrick, who set up the business over 25 years ago, and have also visited Jo and Liborio in the cafe on many occasions over the years and I think this new venture is destined for success.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 4 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 5 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 6 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 7 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years