Hands up for business cash: £2,500 boost to help businesses bloom from Stevenage council coffers
- Credit: Archant
Who wouldn’t like a handy injection of cash to help a business to blossom?
Grants of up to £2,500 are being made available by Stevenage Borough Council to start-up or established businesses in the town who want to compete for the cash.
Businesses with no more than 10 staff are encouraged to make a pitch for the chance to win £2,500, £1,500 or £800 to help their organisation expand and grow.
Firms can apply by filling out an application form on the council website, which includes a 300-word summary on the current and future plans of the organisation and how the money will support their growth.
The closing date for submissions is on Friday, February 19, and successful applicants will be invited to the council’s Daneshill House HQ to tell a three-person panel how the money will be spent.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Ralph Raynor, the executive member for economy and enterprise, said: “This scheme is an exciting way for new and established businesses to develop further and grow by competing for funding from the council.
“Good luck to all the businesses that apply.”
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 6 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 8 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 9 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
Find out more information about the grant offer, and find out how to apply, by visiting www.stevenage.gov.uk/business-support-grant.