Hands up for business cash: £2,500 boost to help businesses bloom from Stevenage council coffers
- Credit: Archant
Who wouldn’t like a handy injection of cash to help a business to blossom?
Grants of up to £2,500 are being made available by Stevenage Borough Council to start-up or established businesses in the town who want to compete for the cash.
Businesses with no more than 10 staff are encouraged to make a pitch for the chance to win £2,500, £1,500 or £800 to help their organisation expand and grow.
Firms can apply by filling out an application form on the council website, which includes a 300-word summary on the current and future plans of the organisation and how the money will support their growth.
The closing date for submissions is on Friday, February 19, and successful applicants will be invited to the council’s Daneshill House HQ to tell a three-person panel how the money will be spent.
Councillor Ralph Raynor, the executive member for economy and enterprise, said: “This scheme is an exciting way for new and established businesses to develop further and grow by competing for funding from the council.
“Good luck to all the businesses that apply.”
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with lavish launch event
- 2 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 3 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 4 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 5 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 6 Butts Close: A monument to medieval Hitchin
- 7 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 8 Care home excited to open its doors to new residents
- 9 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 10 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
Find out more information about the grant offer, and find out how to apply, by visiting www.stevenage.gov.uk/business-support-grant.