Hall ready for launch
ANDREW Hickling has been appointed Hotel Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel. He is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of the hotel which has just undrgone a �1m refurbishment. Mr Hickling, 40 (pictured), who began his career as an appr
ANDREW Hickling has been appointed Hotel Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.
He is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of the hotel which has just undrgone a �1m refurbishment.
Mr Hickling, 40 (pictured), who began his career as an apprentice chef, has held various positions with Hilton, Holiday Inn and Thistle Groups.
"After working as a chef I was given the opportunity to go front of house and went on to become operations manager at the 800-bedroom Thistle Tower in London, which is now part of the Guoman group," he said. "My next challenge was when I then joined the opening team at Luton Hoo, Hotel Golf and Spa, as food and beverage manager."
"I'm delighted to be working here, we are going to make the hotel one of the best in the county. Whilst I have worked for many this is my most challenging position yet following the �1m refurbishment; I am very keen to bring the hotel to the heart of the community."
The forthcoming launch of the hotel into the Mercure brand means that there are a number of vacancies available, at all levels in the hotel.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Two boys arrested after police helicopter search
- 3 Driver disqualified after admitting to drinking wine at the wheel
- 4 More than 80 vacancies up for grabs at Stevenage Airbus
- 5 Family pays tribute to 'wonderful and caring' husband and father
- 6 A brief history of Fairfield: One of Bedfordshire's newest towns
- 7 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 8 New dad welcomes baby amid brain tumour treatment
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 10 Woman sentenced after Aldi bottle smashing spree
"We like to employ mainly local people who have not necessarily worked in the hotel industry before," said Andrew. "What they have to have is a great personality and a willingness to learn and that is what counts."
Information on employment opportunities at Mercure Letchworth Hall is available from the hotel's personnel department on 01462 683747.