Hall ready for launch
ANDREW Hickling has been appointed Hotel Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel. He is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of the hotel which has just undrgone a �1m refurbishment. Mr Hickling, 40 (pictured), who began his career as an appr
ANDREW Hickling has been appointed Hotel Manager at Mercure Letchworth Hall Hotel.
He is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of the hotel which has just undrgone a �1m refurbishment.
Mr Hickling, 40 (pictured), who began his career as an apprentice chef, has held various positions with Hilton, Holiday Inn and Thistle Groups.
"After working as a chef I was given the opportunity to go front of house and went on to become operations manager at the 800-bedroom Thistle Tower in London, which is now part of the Guoman group," he said. "My next challenge was when I then joined the opening team at Luton Hoo, Hotel Golf and Spa, as food and beverage manager."
You may also want to watch:
"I'm delighted to be working here, we are going to make the hotel one of the best in the county. Whilst I have worked for many this is my most challenging position yet following the �1m refurbishment; I am very keen to bring the hotel to the heart of the community."
The forthcoming launch of the hotel into the Mercure brand means that there are a number of vacancies available, at all levels in the hotel.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
"We like to employ mainly local people who have not necessarily worked in the hotel industry before," said Andrew. "What they have to have is a great personality and a willingness to learn and that is what counts."
Information on employment opportunities at Mercure Letchworth Hall is available from the hotel's personnel department on 01462 683747.