Get set for self-employment
An initiative that supports budding entrepreneurs to start up businesses is holding a series of free workshops for those thinking about working for themselves.
Outset Herts, a government funded body, is hosting creative sessions in Stevenage and Hitchin to look at ways of earning money through self-employment.
A spokesman said: “If you’re not sure whether you’re ready to go straight to the main business start-up programme, these workshops will help prepare you take those next steps.
“This short, no-jargon program allows you to explore your own potential and hopes for the future. You will explore your transferable skills, experience, strengths, passions, hobbies and interests to start thinking about self - employment as an option for work and becoming financially independent.”
The sessions will be in three stages, examining could, would and should you give yourself a job.
You may also want to watch:
They take place at:
Bowes Lyon House, Stevenage on November 29 and December 6 and 13 from 10am to 1pm
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
Oughton Children’s Centre, Hitchin on November 25 and December 2 and 9 from 9.30am to 11.30am
Swingate House, Stevenage on December 7, 14 and 21 from 9.30am – 12.30pm
A free business start-up session is also being held at In Town Training, Stevenage on November 18, 25 and December 2 from 10am to 1pm for those with a concrete business idea they want to realise.
A networking event called The Really Big Stuff Club takes place at North Herts College Stevenage campus on December 1 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.