Founder Ian gives his thanks as he signs off from Stevenage law firm after 38 years
- Credit: Archant
A partner at a Stevenage solicitors retired on New Year’s Eve – nearly 40 years after founding the practice.
Ian Hamilton, a founding partner at Hamilton Davies, has called it a day having set up the High Street-based firm in 1977.
In the wake of the 67-year-old’s retirement, Ruksana Kaskar has joined Paul Davies in partnership, with the solicitors becoming a limited liability partnership.
“Since I began the practice in 1977 I have always tried to ensure that clients are given the best possible service at a sensible price,” said Ian.
“Allied to this, Paul and I have always tried to make our workplace a happy environment where staff are treated properly and encouraged to develop. I know that Ruksana and new licensed conveyancer Janice Brett share those values, and I am sure that the future of the firm is secure.
You may also want to watch:
“I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all of my clients over the years for trusting me with their legal matters, and my colleagues in the firm for their loyalty and hard work.”
Ian’s wife, Vivienne, also worked in the practice before retiring at the end of July.
- 1 Hundreds of council flats placed on 24-hour watch over fire concerns
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 6 Schoolchildren transform underpass into art gallery to mark Clean Air Day
- 7 Hertfordshire Garden Show set to return to Knebworth Park this summer
- 8 World premiere screening of film Lightships at Letchworth's Broadway cinema
- 9 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 10 Poppy Appeal stalwart Les Mortimer recognised for decades of fundraising