Flooring company among UK's top employers
A COMPANY which makes and supplies flooring and walling has celebrated a fifth year in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For when employees were invited to a series of black and gold themed parties. Richard Kahn, chief executive of Altro in
COMPANY which makes and supplies flooring and walling has celebrated a fifth year in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For when employees were invited to a series of black and gold themed parties.
Richard Kahn, chief executive of Altro in Letchworth GC, said: "2010 is a momentous year for us as it also marks Altro's 90th anniversary. It makes this year's award seem even more fitting as it is testament to our culture, brand values and the way that we have all worked to shape the company.
"At Altro we take responsibility to our employees very seriously and we are delighted that this has once again been recognised with our ranking in 69th place in this year's survey, our highest position to date.
"To be named in the Top 100 is, in itself, outstanding, but to be included for the past five years is a tremendous achievement of which we are all particularly proud."
Peter Shepherd, the company's longest serving employee, who joined Altro in August 1970 in the warehouse and worked across various functions and now works in the company's procurement department where he looks after the transport kits, where material is made and cut to order so that it can be easily installed on trains and buses.
- 1 High winds stop Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on event
- 2 Missing Letchworth woman found safe and well
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Woman on trial over bottles smashed in Aldi store
- 5 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 6 New manager Paul Tisdale optimistic about his journey of discovery at Stevenage
- 7 Stevenage squad to get their chance despite transfer promise says new boss Paul Tisdale
- 8 Stevenage appoint former MK Dons boss Paul Tisdale as their new manager
- 9 Former councillor recognised for 36 years of service
- 10 James Bay announces intimate ‘New Songs New Stories’ solo tour for Independent Venue Week
"I really do love my work. People cannot believe it when I say I enjoy coming to work every day. Altro has always been good to me and the company has accommodated my needs to enable me to continue working. It is rare to feel valued and appreciated in your workplace, but that is the culture here at Altro," said Mr Shepherd.