Flooring company among UK's top employers
A COMPANY which makes and supplies flooring and walling has celebrated a fifth year in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For when employees were invited to a series of black and gold themed parties. Richard Kahn, chief executive of Altro in
COMPANY which makes and supplies flooring and walling has celebrated a fifth year in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For when employees were invited to a series of black and gold themed parties.
Richard Kahn, chief executive of Altro in Letchworth GC, said: "2010 is a momentous year for us as it also marks Altro's 90th anniversary. It makes this year's award seem even more fitting as it is testament to our culture, brand values and the way that we have all worked to shape the company.
"At Altro we take responsibility to our employees very seriously and we are delighted that this has once again been recognised with our ranking in 69th place in this year's survey, our highest position to date.
You may also want to watch:
"To be named in the Top 100 is, in itself, outstanding, but to be included for the past five years is a tremendous achievement of which we are all particularly proud."
Peter Shepherd, the company's longest serving employee, who joined Altro in August 1970 in the warehouse and worked across various functions and now works in the company's procurement department where he looks after the transport kits, where material is made and cut to order so that it can be easily installed on trains and buses.
- 1 Stevenage council: 'More flats will bring life to town'
- 2 Stevenage nursing home celebrates Pride
- 3 Tottenham test for Stevenage after draw for Papa John's Trophy
- 4 Hitchin Boys' teacher honoured with national award
- 5 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 6 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 7 Stevenage get big derby clash in first round of Carabao Cup
- 8 Cancelled school trip to red list Peru sees some students losing £2,250
- 9 Poppy Fletcher makes history by signing for Stevenage women
- 10 79-year-old pens autobiography inspired by move to Hitchin care home
"I really do love my work. People cannot believe it when I say I enjoy coming to work every day. Altro has always been good to me and the company has accommodated my needs to enable me to continue working. It is rare to feel valued and appreciated in your workplace, but that is the culture here at Altro," said Mr Shepherd.