Family-run Letchworth coach company which began as a one-man taxi business delivers the goods again with fifth gong
- Credit: Archant
The director of a coach company which has family at the heart of the business is ‘chuffed’ to win a prestigious award.
Cozy Travel, which operates from Letchworth, won the Premier Operator gong at the 2015 Showbus Awards.
The company was set up in 1984 as a one-man taxi hire business by Norman Powell, and over the years has grown into an all singing and dancing family-run coach company.
Sons Greg and Brad are joint directors, and daughter Natasha works on the desk alongside auntie Dawn.
Greg said: “We are chuffed – we’ve won the award five times now.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the fact that we are a family-run business makes a difference, because people feel they can trust us.
“There is more passion and pride there because we are a family unit.”
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 7 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
The company is used to awards coming its way having won the Best Local Operator in 2010 and 2012, and the Premier Operator gong in 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012.
As well as providing home to school support for Herts County Council, the company is the main shirt sponsor for Arlesey Town FC.