Environmental business is finalist for two business awards
Environmental Population of Stevenage have been chosen as finalists in two categories of the pioneering Federation of Small Businesses Hertfordshire Small Business Awards 2009; Best New Business Award and Environmental Responsibility Award. The award win
Environmental Population of Stevenage have been chosen as finalists in two categories of the pioneering Federation of Small Businesses Hertfordshire Small Business Awards 2009; Best New Business Award and Environmental Responsibility Award.
The award winners will make history as this is the first year of these new awards dedicated entirely to small businesses - who make up 99% of all UK enterprises.
Environmental Population is a not-for-profit company which helps businesses of all sizes improve their environmental performance and enhance their profile whilst saving money.
The Founder, Sally Taylor said "I smiled like a Cheshire cat when I heard this news, and am really excited to be a finalist.
"Having launched in 2007, the company is growing successfully and I believe we are ready to achieve this accolade.
"Whatever the outcome, we are thrilled to have this opportunity and will take part again."
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 7 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 8 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
The finalists will join the judges and sponsors of the Awards for a glittering award ceremony at Tewin Bury Farm on June 18th. Every entry has been assessed by at least 5 judges from the panel of 14 sponsor organisations, including the FSB, Trend Micro, and Business Link East.
The overall winners will take away �1,000 as well as their permanent award.
See www.environmental-population.com for Environmental Population and www.fsb.org.uk/hertsawards for more about the Herts Small Business Awards.