Domino’s Pizza seeks another slice of Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
DOMINO’S Pizza could open a second takeaway in Stevenage after submitting a planning application.
Stevenage Borough Council received the application last week from the national chain, which plans to open a takeaway at the shopping precinct in Mobbsbury Way, Stevenage.
The proposal concerns a change of use from retail to a hot food takeaway. The empty unit, previously occupied by Florence Flowers, is next door to Indian takeaway Rupa Tandoori.
If permission is granted by the borough council it would see Domino’s add to its current takeaway in Stevenage High Street.
Regarding the plans, a spokesman for Domino’s said: “Domino’s currently has around 800 stores in the UK and Ireland and has a goal to increase this number further. We are continually researching and reviewing locations across the country in which to open these new stores.
“We’ve identified Stevenage as having great potential for pizza and are currently looking at further sites in the area. Opening a new store in the town will generate 25-35 new jobs for local people and we hope to have some good news to announce soon.”
Mobbsbury Way resident Sue Smith has officially objected to the application.
- 1 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 2 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 3 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 4 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 5 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 6 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 7 £3k thank you to Lister for pregnant wife's bleed on brain care
- 8 Can you spot your school at Stevenage's Commonwealth Games Day?
- 9 North Herts Sanctuary announces plans to continue support amid service changes
- 10 Stevenage Armed Forces Day in pictures
She said: “Why do we need yet another pizza takeaway, and right next door to an Indian takeaway?”
A consultation with residents ends next Friday, August 23, when it will be determined whether a decision on the application will be made by councillors or officers at Stevenage Borough Council.
A final decision on the application is expected by the end of September.