Domino’s Pizza seeks another slice of Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
DOMINO’S Pizza could open a second takeaway in Stevenage after submitting a planning application.
Stevenage Borough Council received the application last week from the national chain, which plans to open a takeaway at the shopping precinct in Mobbsbury Way, Stevenage.
The proposal concerns a change of use from retail to a hot food takeaway. The empty unit, previously occupied by Florence Flowers, is next door to Indian takeaway Rupa Tandoori.
If permission is granted by the borough council it would see Domino’s add to its current takeaway in Stevenage High Street.
Regarding the plans, a spokesman for Domino’s said: “Domino’s currently has around 800 stores in the UK and Ireland and has a goal to increase this number further. We are continually researching and reviewing locations across the country in which to open these new stores.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve identified Stevenage as having great potential for pizza and are currently looking at further sites in the area. Opening a new store in the town will generate 25-35 new jobs for local people and we hope to have some good news to announce soon.”
Mobbsbury Way resident Sue Smith has officially objected to the application.
- 1 Woman trapped in car after colliding with tree on A602
- 2 A602 remains partially shut in Stevenage after crash
- 3 Residents consulted on redevelopment of Letchworth's Hawksley bungalows
- 4 Stevenage schoolboy wins national chef award
- 5 Appeal to save Astonbury Wood is successful
- 6 Developer appointed for new Baldock neighbourhoods
- 7 Special needs school's urgent appeal for swim helpers
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Armed Forces Day 2021: Great day promised with pop-up museum and Spitfire fly-past
- 10 Stevenage Borough Juniors crowned national champions after tense victory
She said: “Why do we need yet another pizza takeaway, and right next door to an Indian takeaway?”
A consultation with residents ends next Friday, August 23, when it will be determined whether a decision on the application will be made by councillors or officers at Stevenage Borough Council.
A final decision on the application is expected by the end of September.