Food delivery service Deliveroo launching in Stevenage this month
- Credit: Archant
Online food delivery service Deliveroo is on the lookout for riders in Stevenage ahead of its launch in the town later this month.
Deliveroo provides a service where customers can order takeaway food for delivery from traditionally sit-in restaurants to their homes, offices or anywhere else they fancy.
It launched in Hitchin last year, with self-employed cyclists, motorcyclists and scooter riders transporting meals to hungry punters’ doors in distinctive teal-coloured backpacks.
Deliveroo’s Dan Warne said: “We’ve seen a huge demand for Deliveroo in Stevenage and we’re excited to be launching this month. We’re feeling very positive about the creation of new work opportunities for local people.
“The team is looking for people with passion, drive and great customer service, who are seeking the added benefit of flexible hours among other perks. We would encourage anyone looking for a fast-paced and exciting atmosphere to apply.”
You may also want to watch:
Deliveroo is headquartered in London and operates in more than 200 towns and cities across 12 countries. It faced criticism in St Albans last September, as several eateries dropped Deliveroo amid complaints of late or cancelled orders.
Deliveroo told the Comet they hope to start in Stevenage around August 21. A spokesman for the company said a list of eateries signed up would be announced in due course.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 10 Do you recognise these people?