Food delivery service Deliveroo launching in Stevenage this month
- Credit: Archant
Online food delivery service Deliveroo is on the lookout for riders in Stevenage ahead of its launch in the town later this month.
Deliveroo provides a service where customers can order takeaway food for delivery from traditionally sit-in restaurants to their homes, offices or anywhere else they fancy.
It launched in Hitchin last year, with self-employed cyclists, motorcyclists and scooter riders transporting meals to hungry punters’ doors in distinctive teal-coloured backpacks.
Deliveroo’s Dan Warne said: “We’ve seen a huge demand for Deliveroo in Stevenage and we’re excited to be launching this month. We’re feeling very positive about the creation of new work opportunities for local people.
“The team is looking for people with passion, drive and great customer service, who are seeking the added benefit of flexible hours among other perks. We would encourage anyone looking for a fast-paced and exciting atmosphere to apply.”
Deliveroo is headquartered in London and operates in more than 200 towns and cities across 12 countries. It faced criticism in St Albans last September, as several eateries dropped Deliveroo amid complaints of late or cancelled orders.
Deliveroo told the Comet they hope to start in Stevenage around August 21. A spokesman for the company said a list of eateries signed up would be announced in due course.
- 1 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review
- 2 Cat owner given 'best Christmas present' after being reunited with missing Maine Coon five years after disappearance
- 3 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 New QEII Urgent Care Centre opening hours set to change
- 6 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 7 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 8 Met police officer pleads not guilty to 20 charges including seven rapes
- 9 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
- 10 A taste of what's to come: We look at Tranquil Turtle's menu ahead of opening