D-day for Letchworth BID vote
- Credit: Archant
Businesses in a town will have the last chance to decide whether to vote for or against a new initative today (Monday).
The Letchworth Garden City BID - Business Improvement District – aims to create a thriving town centre with businesses working together for the benefit of all.
North East Herts MP Oliver Heald is backing the BID.
He said: “I am pleased to support the Letchworth BID and hope local businesses and traders will have the chance to improve the local environment for businesses. I know from other local towns how effective a BID can be to boosting the local economy.”
The postal ballot closes on today at 5pm, with the result being announced tomorrow (Tuesday).
You may also want to watch:
If the BID is successful, it will come into effect from March and run for five years.
To download a copy of the prospectus, visit www.lgcbid.com
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 3 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 Road closures following crash in Letchworth