Cox’s the plaice to be as Letchworth frying squad aim for codfather status
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Cox’s in Letchworth are ‘buzzing’ after being shortlisted in the top 10 for the ‘Oscars’ of fish and chips awards.
Competing to be crowned Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year, Cox’s will now fry for glory against nine other regional winners, including Cromars in St Andrew’s and Hikary’s in Port Talbot.
Owner Mick Cox said: “We took all the feedback from being in the top 60 last year and worked on improving our paperwork, invested in more advanced equipment and aimed to be more consistent.
“The hard work has certainly paid off; the buzz in store is amazing!
“We wouldn’t be where we are today without our loyal customers, I would like to thank them for their continued support over the years.
“We’re all so passionate about the industry; it’s great to be awarded for doing what we love.”
After a comprehensive final judging round, the winner will be announced at an awards ceremony at Lancaster London Hotel on January 20.
- 1 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 2 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 3 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 4 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Christmas Fayre and switch-on attracts hundreds
- 8 Serious collision on A602 injures four
- 9 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 10 Icon building planning appeal quashed after High Court review