Cox’s the plaice to be as Letchworth frying squad aim for codfather status
- Credit: Archant
Staff at Cox’s in Letchworth are ‘buzzing’ after being shortlisted in the top 10 for the ‘Oscars’ of fish and chips awards.
Competing to be crowned Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year, Cox’s will now fry for glory against nine other regional winners, including Cromars in St Andrew’s and Hikary’s in Port Talbot.
Owner Mick Cox said: “We took all the feedback from being in the top 60 last year and worked on improving our paperwork, invested in more advanced equipment and aimed to be more consistent.
“The hard work has certainly paid off; the buzz in store is amazing!
“We wouldn’t be where we are today without our loyal customers, I would like to thank them for their continued support over the years.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all so passionate about the industry; it’s great to be awarded for doing what we love.”
After a comprehensive final judging round, the winner will be announced at an awards ceremony at Lancaster London Hotel on January 20.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 Do you recognise these people?
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?