Clare’s panto anticipation is at a peak as the curtain goes up on Aladdin in Henlow
- Credit: Archant
Getting ready for curtain up are two of the stars of the show at Henlow Theatre’s panto production.
Taking the lead role of Dick Whittington is Clare Pal, who is a newcomer to the Henlow Amateur Dramatic Society. Although she was part of the team for last year’s production this is her first time in the spotlight.
Clare, who lives in the village, said this week: “I am uber excited as this will be the first panto I’ve ever been in. I’ve always loved watching pantos and now I’m in one!
“It is going to be brilliant, I am so excited and I cannot wait. The rehearsals are going well and the costumes are amazing.”
Pictured with Clare is Carly Fielding, who plays Alice in the show.
The production, in aid of Muscular Dystrophy UK, runs over two weekends at the Hitchin Road venue.
The curtain goes up tonight Friday, with performances on the following two days as well – it’s 7.30pm in the evening on Friday and Saturday and 2.30pm for matinees on the Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown
Then the cast performing Peter Denyer’s play take a breather until the following Friday when the same schedule applies, except for the Sunday matinee.
Tickets are £8 with £6 concessions – call the box office on 01462 700785 or 07876 353677 or visit www.henlowtheatre.co.uk.