Businessman offers reward in attempt to catch arsonists
A businessman has put up a reward after seven vehicles in his scrapyard were torched in the early hours of yesterday (Monday) morning. Tim Smith, owner of A1 Car Disposals at Etonbury Farm in Stotfold, lost �50,000 worth of vehicles when arsonists broke i
A businessman has put up a reward after seven vehicles in his scrapyard were torched in the early hours of yesterday (Monday) morning.
Tim Smith, owner of A1 Car Disposals at Etonbury Farm in Stotfold, lost �50,000 worth of vehicles when arsonists broke into the yard and set fire to a lorry, two vans and four cars which were destroyed in the blaze.
Today (Tuesday) Mr Smith, who lives in Stondon, said: "The fire put me out of business for a day but I want those responsible caught and brought to justice.
"I am putting up the reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible for starting the fire.
You may also want to watch:
"Wires and fuel pipes had been cut on the vehicles so this was definitely arson. I have received no threats. Someone is obviously jealous of our success. Perhaps some people in the same business don't like me treading on their toes. I hope offering a reward will mean police catching those responsible for this fire."
Police say they are treating the blaze as suspicious and anyone with information should contact Pc Louise Granger on 01234 841212.
- 1 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
- 2 Lamb dies after livestock worrying offences in villages
- 3 Assault in Baldock leaves man with cracked eye socket
- 4 9 ways to stay safe while enjoying Stevenage town centre
- 5 Restaurant's plans 'will add interest' to streetscene
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Teenager left shaken after robbery in Hitchin
- 8 Stevenage scientist's award for role in new HIV drugs
- 9 Underpass graffiti celebrating Stevenage unveiled
- 10 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?