Businesses shut down
TWO businesses have closed in Sandy. Gaffneys Restaurant in St Neots Road closed, having opened in December, 2006. Owner Mark Gaffney says some staff would be retained by new owner and former director Martin Burnside who is negotiating to buy the restaura
TWO businesses have closed in Sandy.
Gaffneys Restaurant in St Neots Road closed, having opened in December, 2006.
Owner Mark Gaffney says some staff would be retained by new owner and former director Martin Burnside who is negotiating to buy the restaurant.
"I invested around £700,000 in the restaurant and we just couldn't continue with the support we were getting," said Mr Gaffney, who lives in the town.
You may also want to watch:
"I am disappointed but everyone tried very hard to make it work. I understand Mr Burnside hopes to re-open the restaurant in March.
"I have other investments in the area and business interests to concentrate on."
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 7 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
The company could give no details of actual job losses.
l The doors of shoe shop Stead & Simpson in the Market Square have closed.
Stead & Simpson had been placed in administration and rival company Shoe Zone came up with a rescue package taking over 300 of the chain's 375 shops.
A spokesman for Stead & Simpson said it was now a matter for Shoe Zone which in turn said it was the responsibility of the administrators PriceWaterhouseCoopers.