Businesses ‘in the pink’ for Breast Cancer Awareness month
TWO businesses will be turning a little pink this October as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month, which launched today (Friday).
Letchworth GC-based the salon have decided to add some sparkle to their client’s day by introducing “Fizzy Fridays”. Every Friday in October all clients and visitors will be treated to a complimentary glass of pink champagne when they visit the Station Parade hairdressers, with pink wristbands available for �1 to help raise funds for Breast Cancer UK.
Owner of the salon, Danny Eastwell, said: “I think this is a cause which touches the heart of everyone and we have been delighted by the response of local people to our efforts.
“We are really hoping to raise a lot of money and, at the same time, get everyone’s weekend off to a good start!
The Pampered Chef is also getting in the spirit of things by hosting a range of cookery based events in Comet country as part of their Help Whip Cancer campaign.
The kitchen tools provider is putting on cooking events with a pink theme in Stevenage, Shefford and Ickleford over the next two weeks with the first starting tomorrow (Friday) at Stevenage Cricket and Hockey Club, Ditchmore Lane, from 7.15pm.
Shefford Memorial Hall in Hitchin Road is hosting the second event on Saturday, October 2, at 1pm, followed by Ickleford Village Hall, Arlesey Road, on Wednesday, October 1, at 8pm.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 7 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Stevenage woman, 52, accused of wounding 91-year-old in her own home
Tickets for the Stevenage and Shefford events cost �1 on the door, while entrance at Ickleford Village Hall is �4.
For more information contact Emma Lovelock on 07984 817230.