Businesses ‘in the pink’ for Breast Cancer Awareness month
TWO businesses will be turning a little pink this October as part of Breast Cancer Awareness month, which launched today (Friday).
Letchworth GC-based the salon have decided to add some sparkle to their client’s day by introducing “Fizzy Fridays”. Every Friday in October all clients and visitors will be treated to a complimentary glass of pink champagne when they visit the Station Parade hairdressers, with pink wristbands available for �1 to help raise funds for Breast Cancer UK.
Owner of the salon, Danny Eastwell, said: “I think this is a cause which touches the heart of everyone and we have been delighted by the response of local people to our efforts.
“We are really hoping to raise a lot of money and, at the same time, get everyone’s weekend off to a good start!
The Pampered Chef is also getting in the spirit of things by hosting a range of cookery based events in Comet country as part of their Help Whip Cancer campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The kitchen tools provider is putting on cooking events with a pink theme in Stevenage, Shefford and Ickleford over the next two weeks with the first starting tomorrow (Friday) at Stevenage Cricket and Hockey Club, Ditchmore Lane, from 7.15pm.
Shefford Memorial Hall in Hitchin Road is hosting the second event on Saturday, October 2, at 1pm, followed by Ickleford Village Hall, Arlesey Road, on Wednesday, October 1, at 8pm.
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 4 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 9 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 10 Do you recognise these people?
Tickets for the Stevenage and Shefford events cost �1 on the door, while entrance at Ickleford Village Hall is �4.
For more information contact Emma Lovelock on 07984 817230.