Business awarded £6.7 million contract to build 75-bed Letchworth care home
- Credit: Archant
A business has been awarded a £6.7m contract to build a 75-bed care home in Letchworth, with a turf cutting ceremony held yesterday, Wednesday.
Built on a brownfield site formerly occupied by Lannock School on Whiteway, the part three-storey Quantum Care facility will replace Freeman House in Letchworth and Minsden Care Home in Hitchin.
Construction service company ISG will complete the build on Quantum Care’s behalf, and aim to make the home suitable for residents with physical disabilities and those suffering from dementia.
North Herts District Council chairman Tricia Cowley was among the guests attending yesterday’s turf-cutting ceremony to celebrate the contract award for the building which will be opening in autumn 2015.
The facility will also include a plaza with a Best Friends Café, hairdresser and shopping area that will be open to residents, as well as their families and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director of ISG’s construction business Alan McCarthy-Wyper said: “Our experience working closely with Quantum Care highlights the real dedication and commitment the organisation has to raising the standards of residential care for older people and residents with complex health needs.”
Chief executive of Quantum Care Maria Ball said: “This is a really exciting project and we are really pleased to be working in partnership with Hertfordshire County Council to provide such a high standard of accommodation for older people in Letchworth Garden City.”
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Harry Styles and Emma Corrin snap confirms 'My Policeman' filming at Hitchin pool
- 3 Have your say on proposals for 18 new flats on Kwik Fit site
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure following incident near splash park
- 5 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Freedom Day: Events to go ahead but hospitality will be affected, says BID manager
- 8 Stevenage lad donates 22 inches of hair to the Little Princess Trust
- 9 Survivors Against Domestic Abuse opens 23rd safe space as demand for services rises
- 10 No further action for teen arrested in connection with Christopher Hewett murder investigation
For more information about the care home email email@example.com or call 01707 393293.