New independent business opens its doors in Hitchin high street
- Credit: Archant
A new business that helps those with physical disabilities live more independently has recently opened in Hitchin.
BMAS Hitchin, or Bathing Mobility Advisory Service, opened their new showroom in Hermitage Road in the town centre on February, 29.
The family-run company specialise in bathing mobility and say they are passionate about helping people bathe safely in their own home.
They offer free consultations to assess every customer's existing bathroom and their personal needs.
Store manager Lee Brand, who has 26 years of experience in the adaptation industry, is excited about the new store opening.
He said: 'At BMAS, we promote independent living and it's the reason we do what we do. We provide safe and suitable bathing, that comes future proofed and without the 'mobility' look.
'For us, it's very important to put the heart of the customer at the heart of everything we do.
- 1 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 2 Bid to find living kidney transplant donor for Hitchin girl
- 3 'He lives on in the hearts of those who knew him' - hundreds pay respects to Kajetan at moving mass
- 4 Decision on controversial Lord Lister application deferred
- 5 Stevenage school in 'area of huge deprivation' wins national award
- 6 Programme of one-off summer workshops at The Settlement
- 7 Permanent parking loss if outdoor seating plans approved
- 8 Hitchin Lavender named the most Instagrammed floral location in UK
- 9 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 10 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
'Safe and independent bathing is so essential to health and well-being. I very much look forward to meeting and being of service to the residents of Hitchin and the surrounding areas in Hertfordshire.'
Tom Hardy, Hitchin town centre manager, added: 'Our town centre and the way people use it has changed dramatically over the years. We have welcomed a higher number of businesses to the town who provide a service not able to be bought online.
'I am delighted to welcome the Bathroom Mobility Advisory Service, a fantastic facility for people with a wide range is disabilities offering consultations, advice and product showrooms.'
You can visit the new BMAS showroom at 67 Hermitage Road, Hitchin or find out more at bathingmobility.co.uk/contact/hitchin. The showroom is open between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturdays.
Contact Lee and the team to book a free home consultation on 01462 889 097 or via firstname.lastname@example.org