Best Herts Business Award event yet
More than 75 businesses from across Herts gathered at a prestigious bio park last week to learn about this year’s Hertfordshire Business Awards.
The awards, organised by Archant, The Comet’s parent company, are held in November, and companies flocked to the Welwyn Garden City BioPark to find out how to enter.
Delegates were treated to presentations from event organiser Sarah Scott, James Milman from Jam, a previous year’s winner, and Duncan Johnson from Yodelay spoke about the importance social networking now has within business.
BioPark general manager Steve Read spoke about the history of the park and took guests on a tour of the facilities, which have been used for dozens of TV and film shoots, including The Bourne Ultimatum.
Sarah Scott said the event had been a “wonderful” success.
“The take-up on these small networking events is rising, and with over 75 delegates in attendance, I can easily say this is the most successful to date.
“The staff here have been absolutely brilliant with every one of our needs catered for. With fantastic conferencing facilities the BioPark should definitely be considered when looking for a business venue.”
- 1 Woman pleads guilty to smashing bottles of booze worth £10,000
- 2 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 3 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 4 Bubble tea emporium opens in Stevenage
- 5 College releases statement after medical incident sparks social media rumours
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 Men sentenced after guns and class A drugs uncovered at Ickleford property
- 8 Stevenage MP earns over £4,000 per month from other jobs
- 9 MP registers another job despite Owen Paterson fallout
- 10 Stevenage Pizza Hut closure prompts Nando's plans
Businesses in attendance included sponsors BDO, RHG, Specialist Cars, Exemplas, North Hertfordshire College, HSBC and the FSB alongside many other Hertfordshire-based companies.
To find out more about entering the Hertfordshire Business Awards then please join us for the next event at Indulge Restaurant at North Hertfordshire College, Hitchin on September 14.
Full details of the event can be found on the awards website www.hertsbusinessawards.co.uk
To sponsor the most prestigious business event in the county contact Sarah Scott on 01438 866023 or email email@example.com